Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Epic Fail

So my friend Debbie is hosting a Triple-Zip-Along based on the zipper pouch she designed.  I mentioned it yesterday and that I'd got my fabrics chosen.  I had ordered a collection of bright zippers from Pink Chalk and was ready to sew.


I got everything cut out this morning and promptly sewed the zipper tabs down wrong.  I walked away and did something else for awhile before I ripped them out and looked closer at the picture and fixed them.  Then I trimmed away the excess zipper and tab fabric.

Okay, next--lay the zipper down onto the base fabric and WAIT A MINUTE--my zippers are ALL an inch too short!  WHAT??


Of course I went ahead and cut the zippers assuming they were right so now I'm out of luck with these.

The kids and I have to go to Gainesville tomorrow for dentist appointments, so I'll go into JoAnn and see about getting some new zippers tomorrow, but man--epic fail at my house today.  I got mad and then I just laughed.  It's all reusable--I can make a smaller pouch later with the small zippers and I didn't have any fusible fleece anyway and was going to substitute batting, so I can pick that up tomorrow too.  But doesn't it stink when you royally screw up and have only yourself to blame?

Debbie's tutorial is not the issue as like 130 have already been made and added to the flickr group.  The blame lies all with me because I'm tired today.  Why am I tired--because we got a new puppy last night!  And she got up 3 times during the night to let us know she didn't like the crate.  The last one was 5 a.m, so I've been up for awhile.

haha--she looks thrilled here doesn't she??  "Man this kid likes to hold me..."

BUT...she's so stinking cute!  And look how much Oren loves her already.  He's hoping she'll be his pet and love him best.


But he might have some competition because she looks awful taken with Emma already too.



So far she's spent the most time with me since they're all at school today , but I've got her on her lead rope outside right now learning to hang out there without me, so I'm not sure how much she's going to like me after all...  We haven't named her yet as we haven't thought of something we all agree on but we're going to decide tonight even if it means drawing straws to pick a winner.  Chris and I shook our heads this morning when she was rip roaring and ready to go at 5 and thought how long it had been since we had a baby of any kind in the house.  But lucky us, this cutie is a playful and happy little thing.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, sounds like me and zippers. Love your new pup. So sweet. Can't wait to hear what you name her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big bummer about the zips! But as you say - they can be used elsewhere. Good luck on round 2. I hope it goes as smooth as can be this time! And FUN about the puppy - love having pets & kids together! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, we all have moments like this when we get so tired everything goes wrong. The puppy is so cute. We haven't had a pet for our kids before.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!