Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Review and Resolve

Happy New Year to each of you!  I hope that you can take the good out of 2012--remember the good times, savor the love and friendship found in it, learn the lessons life offered and make 2013 the best year of your life to date!

Last year I wrote about my goals for 2012 and my word was Balance.  I wanted to find balance between the Mom/Wife me and the "leave me alone I'm sewing" me.  I wanted to find balance between quick finishes and big projects.  I wanted to find balance between stretching my skills and getting projects started and finished.

I'd say I'm still working on those goals.  Balance is a hard thing for me.  My scale is usually tipped one way or the other and it's something I need to continue to work on.

I made collages of my finished projects this year.  I say collages because I figured I'd make one and be done.  But picmonkey will only let you add 40 items and I had way more than that!  I was pleasantly surprised.  Now--most (like 95%) of these finishes were bee blocks (in fact I had more than 40 of those alone!) and only a handful of big quilt finishes, but I was surprised to look back and see how many clothing items I sewed or knitted this year.  Wow!

Bee Blocks completed for NuBees, Modern Bee Block Swap and Empower Group of do. Good Stitches



Clothing and Accessory Finishes:



Big Quilt Finishes (fronts and exciting backs):

As I look forward to 2013, I want to continue to find balance.  I want to clear out my WIP basket and find new ways to express myself.  I want to see more finishes, but also more starts.  I want to not lose momentum on projects so they don't become WIPs in the first place.

So, I think I'll stick with Balance as my Goal Word but I want to add More to it.  I want to find ways to push myself in trying new things, in finding my own style and in creating more.  I want to let fear and procrastination go and find ways to do more.

What are you looking to acheive in 2013?

p.s. I forgot to add my last finishes for 2012 to my mosaics, so I'll post those soon...like tomorrow?!?!
p.p.s.  I'm linking up with Craft Buds and their review and resolution party!

Craft Buds

3 comments:

  1. Kelli, great thought on balance! We all have those WIP baskets... You're not alone. Lol. Love the pics! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balance... yes, I could use a bit more of that! So nice meeting you this year, and I appreciate you linking up at Craft Buds, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh your mosaics are great & just look at all you accomplished!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, so let me know...whaddya think!